MONTE Primary School is a school facility for children from the age of 6.
In its concept of the educational process, the institution applies the principles of Marie Montessori pedagogy and at the same time tries to be a “Healthy” school.
Pedagogy of Marie Montessori is an alternative education and training program that was created 100 years ago by the Italian doctor and teacher Marie Montessori. She educated children in Rome this way.
This system is based on the principles of Jan Amos Comenius, which are enriched with special, thoughtful teaching tools. The child learns to learn about things around him and his inner world in this system. He gains insight, practical experience, healthy self-confidence, inner peace and balance. Child can independently decide and be responsible for his actions. The Montessori pedagogy is in general in line with the concept of a healthy school (more specifically in the MONTESSORI PEDAGOGIC reference).
The principle of a healthy school is respected both in access to children, namely by applying the Montessori pedagogy and by providing psychosocial and material conditions for the health and healthy development of the child. In general, health cannot be understood simply as an absence of illness, but it is important to understand it as a complex, overall good subjective feeling of well-being, harmony that one experiences in a physical, psychological, social and spiritual level. This feeling is relative and every individual achieves it in other circumstances and assumptions. Health is a prerequisite for the valuable life of the individual, society and the world.
The principle of a healthy school rests on three basic pillars:
- 1) Well-being environment – material, social, organizational
- 2) healthy learning – meaningfulness, choice, proportionality, participation, cooperation, motivation assessment, nature, calm and open atmosphere, pupils’ autonomy, adopting stances, finding constructive ideas, awareness of responsibility, respecting the needs of the individual, developing communication, differentiated and individual approach to pupils – making work according to the pupil’s abilities, creating a space for educating the talented pupils, early diagnosis of the pupil, endeavor to integrate the disabled, the error is one of the learning levels
- 3) open partnership – the school is a model of a democratic community, organizes public events
In terms of securing the first pillar, the school has special equipment for both the interior (furniture, classroom environment) and material. The school has air purifiers and air washing machines in its classrooms.
Basic philosophy of the educational program of the primary school MONTE
- orientation towards the personality of a child who, in order to develop, needs independence and independence – education as an realization of freedom;
- Strengthening of the child’s inner motivation for learning;
- the child’s own independent educational activity, driven by his own interest;
- in the process of education the child proceeds in accordance with his individual and developmental abilities;
- the child is not only passive recipient, but he is actively involved in learning;
- the prepared environment includes traditional teaching aids and specific learning materials that enable active and individual child´s work;
- the teacher reflects on child´s approach on the basis of observation and diagnostics of children and creates a suitable prepared environment;
- work with error and praise, guidance to self-control and self-assessment;
- respect for the child as an equal person;