MONTE Primary School is a school facility that started its activities from September 1, 2016, by opening the first class.
In each subsequent school year, another of the following classes will be opened. The number of classes per year will depend on the number of children enrolled.
The school´s philosophy and the school educational program is elaborated in the concept of Montessori pedagogy. The school continuously builds on previous education and education at the MONTE kindergarten, which also applies the principles of this pedagogy and is located in the same building.
Montessori pedagogy is an alternative educational programe, the programe´s founder is the Italian physician Maria Montessori. This education system is based on the principles of Jan Amos Comenius and is enriched by a thoughtful methodology with special teaching aids that greatly aid children in learning and help them to establish the right working habits. In this system, a child learns to learn about himself and his inner world. It gains insight, practical experience, healthy self-confidence, inner peace and balance, can independently decide and be responsible for his actions. This concept of education is fully in compliance with the general conditions of primary education and is fully in compliance with the national curriculum of the Czech Republic (RVP ZV ČR).
Part of the school is also the provision of interest-based education in the after school care and in the form of interest clubs and hobbies.
Our main goal is for the pupils to:
- recognize and adopt a learning strategy and be motivated for lifelong learning;
- master the basics of versatile communication;
- learn to cooperate and respect the work and achievements of others;
- form and manifest as healthy individuals and free personalities;
- show positive feelings in behavior, and experiencing life situations;
- sense emotional relationships with people, the environment they live in, nature;
- have a positive relationship to their physical and mental health, actively protecting them;
- be able to live together with other people, to be tolerant and respectful of other people, their cultures and spiritual values;
- recognize their real possibilities and apply them when deciding on their own way of life and professional orientation;
- be able to use all of the experience acquired in the school;